Sunday 11 December 2011

In search of space xmas



It should be one of the hundred things you do before you die - see a Hawkwind gig. And, the other night, that is what I did.


I wasn't sure what to expect really. I've got a few of their albums and obviously I had enough faith to shell out the twenty pounds for a ticket. Chatting to one of my friends the next day he said he'd been worried we were in for a big cloud of dry ice with strange noises coming out of it. And I think that was lurking in the back of my mind.

Anyway, it wasn't like that at all. Instead it was surprisingly full on rock, a decent light show of course and, the first time I've ever seen this at a gig, a couple of gyrating dancing girls. Aside from the inevitable Silver Machine I didn't recognise any of the tunes (my request for Orgone Accumulator went unheeded). But so what. It was great. I think I'll go every year.

2 comments:

  1. I'd be there like a shot if I was guaranteed a big cloud of dry ice with strange noises coming out of same.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was still a bit cosmic, I think they had a theremin on the go at some point.

    ReplyDelete