Tuesday 4 December 2012

It's Tuesday...let's dance

I remember in 1988 or 89 making a very definite decision not to go along with some friends to a proper rave in a field somewhere. I wasn't into the clothes and it seemed ridiculous to me to pay £25 for a tab of ecstasy.

Round at their places though I never found it an unpleasant experience to listen to the tunes they were into. I was (and still am) an armchair enthusiast of house, techno etc.  This track dates from 1991 and while I'm sure youngsters are at this very moment getting blissfully off their tits to no doubt excellent records I regard this kind of thing as the Motown of house music.

M & M Don't Stand In My Way

2 comments:

  1. There was nothing like Raves in fields apart from the ones in warehouses. I had some great times back in the day in some dubious places.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ended up at warehouses on a few occasions, swept along by mates and too mashed to realise what was going on. Each time I'd get to about 3 o'clock think "Fuck this" and set off to leave, only to realise that I didn't have a fucking clue where I was.

    ReplyDelete