Friday 21 August 2009

Pay your income tax

I've been away for longer breaks but I'm finding it very hard to readjust after this last one. It's mainly work I think. I don't know why, nothing has changed there. I don't seem to be able to relax. Maybe it's the large amounts of coffee I can't seem to stop myself from drinking?

Or maybe it's my new extra short haircut that's disturbed my equilibrium? As before, almost two months to the day in fact, my hair looked great but I thought I ought to have it smartened up for some reason. The lady had done an okay job but I went and asked for just a little bit more off the back. The clippers came out and zub, zub it was all over - a massacre. Of course, I said it was nice, you might as well - they can't stick it back on. Normally I think it takes a fortnight or so for a haircut to settle down, with this one: four weeks and counting.

Anyway, I'm sure it'll all calm down by the autumn. In the meantime some laidback stuff from the monstrously overlooked JJ Cale. I was first introduced to his music as a junior stoner. He's released loads of albums that are all basically the same, I've got six of them. "Naturally" provides "Crazy Mama" which drifts in and out of my top ten tunes. "Right Down Here" is from "Really" which is probably my all round favourite. Apart from the quality of the songs I think it's possible that my preference may stem from the fact that round about the time he was knocking out "Really" in Nashville and Muscle Shoals I was making my first appearance over in North Manchester. Some kind of cosmic umbilicus.

JJ Cale: Right Down Here


JJ Cale: Crazy Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment