Sunday 16 January 2011

Ping!

I stepped out of my front door yesterday to find a copy of Lightbulbs by Fujiya & Miyagi resting on the doormat (a nice big vinyl copy, on account of the great sleeve artwork there). It's another album I'd been led to by the inclusion of one of its tracks a MOJO cover cd. The track in question was the drowsily lovely Goosebumps.

Fujiya & Miyagi Goosebumps

For the first however many listens I thought this track was actually the last part of the preceding track (Hot Chip's We're Looking For a Lot of Love) such was the excellence of that particular bit of sequencing.

2 comments:

  1. Like it!

    Saw that Mojo CD in the charity shop the other day - might nip back and see if it's still there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go for it Davy! Thinking back it also led to me picking up Dazzle Ships, and also a serious checking out of Hot Chip and Robert Wyatt.

    ReplyDelete