Friday 17 April 2020

Doug



Every now and again I get really into the idea of going to see a band play a gig somewhere in Europe. It always seems totally feasible to begin with, what with Airbnb and advance Eurostar tickets, but to date dithering and/or other commitments (and factoring in beer money) have put paid to any of these expeditions going ahead. 

I discovered Doug Tuttle a year or so ago, I don’t know how. He’s released a few records and despite the fact it all sounds much of a muchness I favour It Calls On Me over all the others and ended up buying a copy on lovely translucent syrup coloured vinyl. After getting massively into it I looked into whether he was touring, and the answer was: not really. He was doing one gig in Europe, at the Barcelona Psych Fest, which, as it happened, was due to fall on my birthday weekend. As above I pondered for a while, but I had a couple of other things coming up that were going to cost a bomb so I cooled my jets. Both the other things have however fallen through. As indeed has the Barcelona Psych Fest. What a year, eh? 

No comments:

Post a Comment